Monday, May 30, 2005

Keep Those High Profile Projects Coming!

I'm entering my fourth week of pretty steady work with Precision Post. Things have been going really well and they seem to be happy with me and my work.

Last week I worked on several projects which included a behind the scenes peak at Martin Laurence's new movie, "Rebound", plus I briefly put in some time on a promotional spot for "The Island" starring Ewan McGregor and Scarlet Johansson. By week's end they set me up with a more long-term project: cutting one of five making-of featurettes (or 'pods' as they're called in post) for the forthcoming DVD release of "The Ring Two".

After meeting with the producer from DreamWorks I was allowed to choose which one I wanted to cut. My choice was the special effects pod, which turned out to be the one they hoped I'd take. Since Friday I've been going through interview and behind the scenes footage, which I'll sift down to a ten minute piece. This is pretty exciting to be working on, plus my name will most likely be in the credit role at the end of the featurette. Sweet! I was informed early last week that they'd need for awhile on several different projects.

Prior to that I was called in for a two day job last Monday and Tuesday at Autonomy. Worked on a promo for "The Honeymooners" movie. Hey remember a month ago I was bitching about how this was going to be the worst movie of the year? Well things tend to turn around and bite you in the ass sometimes don't they? Actually the project went very well plus I worked with Angela, the producer who always calls upon me when they need extra help. As far as I know this year's Hollywood Bowl project is loosely scheduled to start in early July, which will then take me through the end of September. Jeez that makes this year sound like it's just whizzing by! Slow down, eh!

Nothing new from KO Creative which is not a problem at the moment because Precision has me very nicely booked through this week and I think the next as well. I'll check in with them shortly just the same. I did receive another call from The Disney Channel on Friday asking what my availability was for tomorrow. I told her I was booked of course but that I would be in touch my week's end to confirm when I may be open next. Despite working pretty regular recently I still want to get updated copies of my reel and resume out to some of the post houses I still yearn to work with, including Trailer Park.

Tomorrow night (Tuesday) is "Aliens" at The Arclight with the Q&A. Bonus! Then Wednesday night is the original "Star Wars". Bonus squared! I'm definitely going to bring my camera to "Aliens" in hopes of grabbing some pics with Stan Winston. When they screened "X2" with Bryan Singer last fall I thought they weren't allowing them. However folks took pictures freely anyway.

2 Comments:

At May 31, 2005 at 1:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's tough to love and hate you at the same time!
btw - TAKE THE PICTURE!!!

 
At May 31, 2005 at 10:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE THE PHOTOS!!!! I laughed my ass off at "The Hey" as Princess Leia!! He/She sure looked...jolly. Also the slave girl Leias. We're talkin' HORNY CITY here!!! Your "Sith reveiw was right on the money. All in all, I still give the film an A-. By the way, if you're ever up late at night, you can call me at work on my cell. It's all cool. Wish I was w/you at the Arclight! It would've been the PERFECT cap to C-3! Give a call when you can! Bill.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home