Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Opening Day At Fenway, The Line, And At Last A Vacation!

Yesterday of course the Red Sox celebrated opening day at Fenway; the ring ceremony, raising of the championship banner (with NY watching), and the first home game against the Yankees. Although it totally sucked that I was stuck with ESPN only cutting to snippets of what was happening in the park, then throwing back to other games of the day. Hello I'm here for some history, who cares whats going on in the rest of the country!! They finally settled in when the actual game with the Yankees started. The commentators remarked, 'boy that was a great opening ceremony, I'm so glad I was here to see it'...yeah would have been nice if the rest of us losers could have enjoyed it as well!

Great weather, a very historic day, and to top it off an 8-1 win against the Yanks. Couldn't have been more perfect.

Meanwhile on the other side of the country, the line to see "Revenge Of The Sith" at Mann's Chinese begins it's short wind down Hollywood Blvd.




It starts more like a quarter of a block away from the actual theatre however.




Spoke to a couple of folks including a 23 year old girl from Australia and another woman I believe is one of the organizers. I told her I waited in line for "Empire" and "Jedi" back in The Day and we spoke about C3 next week. She and a few others who went last time said my head would truly explode when I got there. I never doubted that. And yes the two guys on the right in the top photo are the ones taking calls at the number listed on LiningUp.net. Debate still rages among fans as to whether Twentieth Century Fox can be swayed into bringing "Episode III" back to Mann's after booking it into The Arclight. Can't see the fans changing a contractual window that now seems to be closed. Although I would absolutely LOVE to see it at Mann's because this is where it all started in 1977...



And so the series should end here. However I'm certainly not crying in my milk that it's scheduled to premiere at The Arclight. With reserved seating (important perk) at the best theater in Hollywood, who can argue that seeing Darth Vader's birth at The Cinerama Dome would be phenomenal! I'll be in front of the computer at midnight on May 1st (the supposed day and time when tickets will go on sale nationwide) to grab my spot for sometime opening day. If it's not the first show than my usual 7pm-ish viewing will be just fine.

After taking the above pics of the line, I went to Hamburger Hamlet across the street for lunch. As I sat in the booth ready to order I saw this incredible painting on the wall over the kitchen depicting Indiana Jones in action and Steve Spielberg plotting the Nazi plane sequence from "Raiders Of The Lost Ark", both taken from famous stills. These photos don't fully grasp the size and beauty of the artwork. If you look closely in the wide shot you can see a waitress right below Indy to give it some scale...










Went to Disneyland a week and a half ago (1st time) for my birthday and had a lot of fun. Star Tours, Pirates Of The Caribbean, The Indiana Jones Ride, Frontierland, and The Magic Castle, which looked a lot smaller in person. Somehow during the opening of "The Wonderful World Of Disney" on TV when I was a kid that thing looked huge. No matter...saw the fireworks display at night with the castle in the foreground (stunning), as well as Fantasmic, the water and light show which was awesome. Never managed to ride the monorail unfortunately because we were heading back to the hotel after midnight and it had shut down already. And yes after the first few minutes the 'It's A Small World' ride gets creepy. Got to see Mickey in person so my life is now complete.

The month long Lifetime project behind me, I now look forward to this week of sleeping late, enjoying a little more of LA, and preparing for the trip to Albany and the turn around to C3 in Indianapolis one week from Thursday. Nothing on the books yet work wise but I'm doing my usual job site scanning for the next big project. Nothing with KO Creative yet. They know I'm available though.

And oh yeah, it's official...

BILL IS GOING TO C3! BILL IS GOING TO C3! DING DONG, BILL IS GOING TO C3!! Prepare for heads to explode in Star Wars splendor!

5 Comments:

At April 13, 2005 at 2:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear God in Heaven ... Don't tell me you're a Red Sox fan?!?!? That's it, we're through.
It was certainly fun while it lasted, but this is just too much for me to handle.
Please, don't say anything, just ... just ... SHUT UP!!!

 
At April 13, 2005 at 6:34 PM, Anonymous Bismo said...

Got to see The Trophy Sunday a couple hundred yards from my front door, near the Marathon starting line... SWEEET! Friday night it's opening night for the PawSox, we'll be there!

 
At April 13, 2005 at 10:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

BILL IS GOING TO C3!! BILL IS GOING TO C3!!...Hey, it's...well, Bill! Sorry I didn't return your call the other day. I was suddenly bedridden w/a 24 hr. bug that's wreaking havoc in the capital region. But I'm doing much better now, and guess what?...BILL IS GOING TO C3!! I'm gettimg more and more psyched with each passing day! I got your message about the Mark Hamill rumor! God, as if George Lucas, Peter Mayhew, Billy Dee Williams and Warwick Davis weren't enough! All I need WWWHHHENNN WWWEEEEE get there, is a surprise appearance by Harrison Ford, and I'll just fucking DIE!!! Anyway, call me and we'll discuss departure times, etc. Oh, and perhaps there'll be a "Hiii, Biiilll" to really make the event one to remember! Bill.

 
At April 16, 2005 at 2:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, it's me! It's 5:45 Eastern time here. I would've contacted you earlier, but i've been running around all night since I got to work. Just wanted to let you know that i've decided not to bring the dvd player along, considering its limited battery power, and the relatively short times we'll be up in the air to and back. Also, just a quick friendly reminder re: the Superman box set please. Give a call when you can. C3....6 DAYS AND CLOSING....Bill.

 
At April 19, 2005 at 12:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, it's Bill! Well, I'm here at work, showing the new guy around. He seems pretty ok, and catches on to things pretty quickly. Not much new to report. On tuesday I'll throw in a spot of laundry, pack my things, and get my cash outta the bank. Again, I'll be at the house at about 10:15 am, so be ready. I'll call you tuesday, or you can call me when you can. See you then! Bill.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home