Tuesday, April 19, 2005

F$&%@#!!*&??%#&%@#!!!K!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a nightmare...

Just by sheer chance I scrolled down on Yahoo! tonight to see what some of the entertainment news was for the day. Then I saw the headline...

"Advance 'Star Wars' tickets selling out at The Arclight"

What...what...WHHHHAAAAAATTTTTT!!!!!!!!!

I was checking the Arclight site all week to find out when tickets for "Revenge Of The Sith" would be going on sale. When I was there last week to see "Sin City" the manager said they had no idea when that would be and to keep checking the site. Then the end of the week came with the aformentioned new job opportunity. That along with trying to get everything together for the trip to Albany consumed my every thought. Somehow in the back of my mind I had 'imagined' tickets would probably be going on sale at 12:01am on May 1st. Don't ask me how I came to that but it just seemed right.

So I work, pack, fly, and sleep in today until 12:30pm. Now it's fucking 4 days later and guess what? Yeah you know what's coming! An event that I have been living for, seeing the last "Star Wars" movie in LA, has all but sold out of the first day's prime showings. By that I mean all the midnight shows and the majority of the Dome for the 7:45 show...the prime first opening night slot. Now I did manage to get a couple of seats for that coveted Dome 7:45 showing, but only in the balcony section on the right and left hand side. After squaring this away online I call to find out there are only 87 seats left for this show. The digitally projected show at 7pm is completely gone. Fuck, fuck, fuck, FUCK!!

Now I'm running like a chicken without a head online trying to book a 2nd set of tickets for the next available 'prime' showing, preferably in digital, for either friday or saturday night. I know I'll want to see this 2 times in 2 days and want to get those tickets while there's still some to get!

I cannot believe this happened, plus that in some way I didn't find out until now that tickets went on sale Friday. Arclight said they only found out about this Friday morning with no advanced warning. So 'Happy 2 days Before C3' to me!

However the good news is "Revenge Of The Sith" has become the first "Star Wars" film to be given a PG-13 rating...yes it's official! What I am about to say contains NO spoilers what so ever. A few days ago I spotted a link online to a still from later in the film. Let me just say that after taking the plunge and viewing it I can confirm they are definitely going the distance graphically on this one. Plus (again no spoilers) another still I sort of caught a glimpse of accidently at the bookstore gave me a very positive feeling about a certain direction I think Lucas is ultimately taking the story...

And BTW, that Sox fan was only thinking with his hands about trying to catch the ball...Sheffield's face was accidentally grazed and he went off. I can't believe they're thinking of revoking the fan's season tickets! Give me a break! Yeah I know the ball was in infield play and he shouldn't have tried to grab it. The whole thing was just a stupid mistake.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home