Sunday, March 13, 2005

Action Yoda!

Boy this is the longest I haven't posted in some time. Work continues on the Lifetime promo project. 'Lifetime welcomes "Will & Grace", "Frasier", "Still Standing", and "Reba" to our sitcom family...plus new seasons of "Missing" and "Strong Medicine"...That's pretty much the gist of what I'm cutting. It's a wrap on April 1st. Before that I'll be priming KO Creative for my first project with them.

Rick, the president of Autonomy, was talking to me a few weeks ago about a technical process I should learn to post cuts to the web for clint approval. At the end he said, '...but you'll be staff in a few weeks anyway'. It's now been 4 months since I was presented with the opening to come in as a staff editor. But it still won't be official until Rick makes me an offer. Clocks ticking. A new friend of mine (who's an editor and has been in the industry for 25 years) said it's possible they may not come forward with an offer for a few weeks, a few months, even a year. Everything depends upon steady work which warrants a need for said staff editor. I knew this over the holidays but assumed things would come together perhaps sooner than this. I'm far from sweating it, in part because I have other post houses showing interest in my talent and abilities.

I'd have to say that The Oscars, and taking my trip to The Kodak a few days before the ceremony, brought home once more that I have even bigger plans than Autonomy in the cards. As usual I continue to keep my eye on the prize and am certainly not assuming anything anyone says until it actually happens. When something comes along in the meantime thats even more rewarding, they'll certainly get my full attention.

New "Revenge Of The Sith" trailer premiered on Friday which looks fantastic. Saw it first online with a group viewing at work then in front of "Robots" Friday night. Will have to see it a few more times to catch everything. Once again I say please God let there be some nice satisfying moments that tie us in to The Holy Trilogy (tm). Caught the blockade runner, cool Vader with the Emperor shot at the end. Plus it looks like Yoda might be having a one on one with Palapatine. His leaping-into-action pose on the new 1-sheet is too funny. "Hiiiiii-yyyyaaaa!!!" should be the caption. Note that everything in both this and the first teaser omit any dialogue scenes with Padme. It's all about Anakin turning. More rumors abound of a PG-13 rating.

As of Thursday I now have my 4 day ticket and hotel reservation to go to the Star Wars Celebration III in Indianapolis April 21-24. As mentioned, I swore after the first two events I would not miss it this year. Especially since this will be a prelude to the last of the new Star Wars movies ever released. My schedule at the moment is open for April and I want to keep it that way at least for those days. Can not wait!

MY GOD I FINALLY FOUND AND BOUGHT "THE GREATEST AMERICAN HERO" DVD!!! It happend about a week ago when Best Buy restocked 30 copies to the store a block from here. Jeez, Ralph! April 5, Season 2...I'll be there when the doors open.

Total aside, Paul Newman has said he will make one more film before retiring from movies. Apparently there's been talk of a re-teaming with Robert Redford which I think would be a perfect topper to his amazing career.

3 Comments:

At March 18, 2005 at 11:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! Remember me? It's Bill, the stranger! So sorry I haven't been in touch lately, and no, I wasn't "on the rag". Oh well, maybe just a little bit. I've just been volunteering a good amount of overtime lately and my sleep pattern's been all screwed up. Anyway, "all is well" (Don't say it.), and the kids are gone for spring break. They'll be back in a week. I'm still hot for the Star Wars celebration in April. However, Marisa's birthday is April 14'th, and I really hafta do something for her. I was thinking about a weekend in New York for her, if the weather's nice enough. It's all about the money, and getting the time off for either of these things...Oooohhh, I just farted! Needed that! Sorry. I will give you a call saturday, and we can discuss and hose and all that good stuff. Again, sorry i've been such a stranger! Give a call when you can. Bill.

 
At March 23, 2005 at 10:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, how's it goin' eh? Bill here at work...IT'S FUCKING SNOWING AGAIN!!! When the hell is it ever gonna end!? Anyway, just wanted to let you know that I put in my request for April 20'th to the 26'th for the big honkin' Star Wars hoo-haahh! I should know a week before the due date, and if they say yes,Oooohhh Boooyyyy!! Our employee recognition awards are tomorrow, and we'll see if I get officer of the year twice in a row! Let's keep our fingers crossed for all these things! For Marisa, I've decided to just get her something really nice for her birthday. Perhaps a new bike. In the meantime, please remember the Superman box set, if you can swing it. I'll gladly repay you upon your return. That's about all for now. Give a call when you can. Bill.

 
At March 26, 2005 at 12:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Helllllooooo! Bill here. How's it goin' eh? Just wanted to give you a buzz and say Hi. I trust you're well aware of the Entertainment Weekly Star Wars collector's covers. If not, better make a beeline to the local newsstand, as I'm told they're goin fast! I picked up all six at Border's on Friday afternoon! In other good news, the Madison theater has recently come under new ownership, and is scheduled to reopen this summer! On another note, my supervisor said it was too early to submit my request for April, but suggested I do it the first week. Superman II was on Turner Classic Movies yesterday, unedited w/no commercials. I watched it w/Joe, over the phone! We do that sometimes. Well, that's about it for this episode. Give a call when you can. And get those EW issues! If not, the millions of Earthlings you protect, will pay for your defiance! Bill.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home