Friday, February 18, 2005

YEEEESSSS!!!!!!

Had my interview today with KO Creative which went very, very well. Cutting to the chase, Rhonda (the post scheduler) called 6 and a half hours after I left that meeting to check on my availability for next Tuesday and Wednesday. Talk about quick turnaround! Yes boys and girls, I'M IN!!!

I met with the head of the company and post coordinator who asked questions about what genre I prefer cutting (I smartly said 'all'), projects I've been working on lately and at which post houses, etc. I stressed my keen ability with trailers and promos and, aside from cutting home video trailers for major studio releases (their starting proposal), I would be interested in cutting theatrical trailers as well. This is one of the prime trailer houses and a huge step forward for my career. I have every confidence they'll be happy with me and my work.

So getting back to the call about next week, Rhonda said they had a last minute project booking for Tuesday. She related that the post coordinator and company head liked me very much and wanted to have me get started. After finishing the Olay Oscar project, complete with kudos from the powers that be at Autonomy for my usual job well done, what a great capper taking that call from KO at 6pm. AND it was payday! I anticipated the interview would be a satisfying meet-and-greet which is exactly what transpired. But my true hope was for work to surface soon after. Wish granted.

I am now set to start a new project at Autonomy tomorrow, Saturday, which will run through and include Monday. Then right after that I swing over to KO for two days. In the end I'll be working 9 days straight and you know what? I ain't complaining one bit!

3 Comments:

At February 19, 2005 at 3:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As Pee-Wee would say: "I'm the luckiest boy in the world!"
As Han Solo would say: "Great Kid. Don't get cocky."
But the rest of us just say - WAAHOO!!!
That's awesome - good luck!

 
At February 20, 2005 at 12:08 AM, Anonymous Ferris said...

"This will be a day long remembered. It has seen the beginning of great trailer work, it will soon see a Golden Trailer Award nomination." And you will be nominated...you WILL BE. Congrats, man!! "Now go do...that voodoo...that you do...sooo we-eeellll!!!!!!"

 
At February 20, 2005 at 11:29 PM, Anonymous The Hey said...

Excellent, buddy.....proud of ya!!

-hey

 

Post a Comment

<< Home