Monday, February 7, 2005

Rescheduled Yet Again

My interview set for 2pm today at KO Creative has been rescheduled one more time. Apparently they knew on Friday one of the people I'd be meeting with would probably not be around. But due to meetings and a busy schedule, Rhonda didn't get to call me until 45 minutes before interview time. Good job.



She was extremely apologetic saying if I was on my way already I could still come by to meet with her and the head of the company. But she advised it would be better if I could meet with the two of them plus the post production coordinator (the missing man) all at once. So I opted for the best possible scenario of seeing all of them as originally intended. The post coordinator will be returning on Wednesday when Rhonda said she'd call to give me a firm reschedule time. I asked when that might be and she said they had a number of trailers in the loop presently making the first available time next week. Of course I'm working all next week on that Oscar project for Autonomy. Luckily Angela is producing and she's extremely flexible when it comes to lunch breaks, etc. Whatever time KO schedules me for, that's when I'll take my lunch from Autonomy. KO is probably about 15 minutes away (traffic figured in).



Needless to say I'm feeling very dissapointed and frustrated today. Here's the second time I was just about to go out the door when the phone rang. It's like going on your first date with a girl you've been dying to take out for years and she calls at the last minute, after you've spent several hours getting ready mentally, etc. So I'm taking my pre-interview energy and getting online to check out my usual raft of job sites.



After today's call I'm a little concerned about my window of opportunity. I'm sure if that had passed Rhonda would say she'd call to reschedule 'sometime later on down the road'. She reiterated again that they very much wanted to meet with me and I returned the thought. We'll see how this plays out when she calls on Wednesday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home