Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Bar Raised On Oscar Project!

For some time I'd been given the impression the Oscar spot I am cutting this week was for a nondescript pre-show event that probably would not be televised. Even though this is technically now a commercial for Olay, I was still bummed that I wouldn't get to see it on network TV. Well that info turned out to be false.

Today I was informed that this will indeed air during the built in half hour pre-show telecast special right before the Academy Awards Ceremony on ABC!

Started on the project today, finishing a rough cut for the client by day's end. Tomorrow we'll have feedback to make any changes if needed. It's a 60 second commercial showing four "Desperate Housewives" type women watching the stars walk the red carpet during Oscar night on TV, making comments about gowns, hairstyles, etc. This is just a heads up if you'd like to check it out. Hey I can't give everything away! It's pretty straight forward, but at least now I can say I was part of the 2005 Oscar telecast! Very exciting!!

GAH, of course, out today. Best Buy Burbank: SOLD OUT. Best Buy Glendale: SOLD OUT. Best Buy Woodland Hills: SOLD OUT! HEY??!! Every store had the little $17.99 marker on the shelf (on sale this week) with nothing behind it. Good news is when they restock they'll be compensating for the demand by getting an extra load of copies in. The next shipment is Thursday. Great to see that Ralph is still a hit and I'm totally not surprised!

3 Comments:

At February 16, 2005 at 12:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, It's Bill again! Things are well and I just wanted to say Hi! Congrats on the Olay spot for Oscar night. I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for it! I share your enthusiasm! Question: The Oscars are on Sunday the 27'th, correct? If so, I can watch at home on my big, giant state-of-the-art...NIGHT OFF! Won't hafta fill out a request slip for that night. Just got word that there may not be any time off granted during April, due to a special University event that month, which in turn means "Star Wars celebration NNOOOoooo...." But we'll see. 'Fraid that's all for now. Give a call when you can...Bill.

 
At February 16, 2005 at 7:46 PM, Anonymous Ferris said...

Aaahhh, the door opens to the Academy Awards. In another year you'll be coming full circle when you actually WALK the red carpet, right? Get that trailer house gig on Friday!! Give me the heads up for your Oscar picks too. Best Picture, Team America...LOL!! You know Aviator's gonna to grab it.

 
At February 16, 2005 at 9:56 PM, Anonymous The Hey said...

Congrats on the Oscar gig. It'll be exciting seeing something of yours on TV.

As for GAH, I was totally shut out of it at several different places Tuesday and Wednesday. Hopefully I'll be able to get my hands on it this weekend.

-hey

 

Post a Comment

<< Home