Tuesday, February 1, 2005

Back In LA

Just got back yesterday. 74 degrees with a lite breeze...Woohoo!



I always get a little stressed the week before each trip, what with packing and various 'to do' checklists. Even though I felt like I had just settled in for awhile back east, the first transition westward of the new year has been great. The Holidays are over...and the minute the plane landed I started feeling energized to get back to work out here.



Got a call from Rhonda at KO Creative about an hour and a half before my interview. Seems one of the two people I am to meet with had to go out of town for a funeral. So I've been re-scheduled for next Monday, Feb. 7 at 2pm. She added they are definitely looking forward to meeting with me and apologized for the unavoidable delay. Really glad I have 3 days of work with Autonomy to look forward to this week as opposed to sitting on my hands until Monday. In the meantime my 'catch up' of the Oscar nominees starts tonight with "Million Dollar Baby".



This afternoon I started feeling a little wiped out again...was doing too much running around over the weekend to prepare for the trip. Despite my dissapointment over not having that interview today, I'm enjoying the opportunity to relax a little before work tomorrow. The commuter rail tracks are only a half a block from the Extended Stay. I've noticed that as each train approaches a road crossing a quarter mile from my window, they hit the horn 3 or 4 times more than they did before the accident last week which occurred about two miles from here. I watch a train go by and think about the 11 people who unknowingly were spending their last moments in life just riding to work on that very same track. Very sad.

1 Comments:

At February 2, 2005 at 11:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, it's Bill! Gotta make this real quick, as I,m training a new guy. Sorry I didn't contact you before you left, but i thought you would rather need some time to yourself for the trip back. Love the Greatest American Hero countdown shot! 6 days and counting! Killed SEVEN FRIGGIN'MICE in my room last sunday! Ma saw "Saving Private Ryan" for her first time a few days ago, and thought it was excellent! Gotta go. Please give me a call when you can.... Bill.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home