Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Oscar Project

Got an e-mail from Gina at Autonomy today. They have a project booking for February 9-18 and would like me involved. It's one of several presentations highlighting aspects of the red carpet at The Academy Awards to be broadcast either on E! or ABC's pre-show event. Still waiting to get more details but I'm penciled in as of now. This will be my first LA gig of the new year...and hey it's for The Oscars! That in itself is very exciting.



If you recall I was instructed by Rick, the president of Autonomy, to give him a call the first week in January to set a date for our meeting about the staff position. The key phrase he used in the early December phone conversation was 'when we hire'. Leading me to believe their financial situation and project load would dictate when that would occur...first quarter of the year I suspect. I did call at the end of the first week to find Rick very busy but that he wanted me to call back the following week. Two follow up calls at that point found him still very busy. In Gina's e-mail though she did pass along a message from Rick saying he was not blowing me off, just working hard to bring in business for first of the year. She also mentioned that when I came in to work I could most likely meet with him then.



Bingo. That's what I was hoping for. If our meeting took place anytime soon I prayed there would at least be some work to go along with it, making what would basically be a quick turn around interview trip more worth while. Even if I didn't get ahold of Rick for a number of weeks and just left it in their hands, eventually they would've contacted me that is was time to meet pending a staff hire shortly thereafter.



In the meantime the first of two Hollywood Bowl projects with Laura, which I am definitely attached to, is still scheduled for sometime later in March.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home