Saturday, January 22, 2005

New Interview & 'The Magic Word'

Got a call yesterday from KO Creative, formerly Global Doghouse. New name, new owners, this is a post house I've been trying to get into for about two years.



4 months before I was to take my first long term trip in July of '03, I received a call from them asking if I could come for an interview. Unfortunately I had to decline because I wasn't out there yet, having been in LA a few short months prior for my first round of interviews. Now, after dropping off 2 updated copies of my reel and resume over the past year I get a second call from Rhonda, my contact from the start. They want to set up a meeting for February 1. Work is picking up and they seek new freelance editors.



This interview is essential so I'll be leaving on Monday, Jan. 31 to head back to LA, meet with the company head and post production coordinator at KO on Tuesday, then sit tight for a week until my Oscar gig starts at Autonomy. Rhonda also asked if I was interested in just freelance work or would consider a staff position. They feel the work load may be enough to bring in another editor full time. I of course said yes to both. I'm taking all of this with a grain of salt until I actually see what transpires at the interview. This could turn out to be merely a meet-&-greet to put faces with editors they're considering. On the other hand they could line me up for work relatively soon afterward.



The magic word here is TRAILERS. These guys are a primary trailer house with credits that include "The Passion Of The Christ", "Memento", "Spirited Away", and "The Machinist". They also produce home video trailers as well as print ads (particularly 1-sheets), plus DVD packaging.



Now...here's the rundown.



Autonomy will be offering me a staff position more than likely when I come in for work Feb. 9-18. They primarily do promo work; good stuff, studio projects, plus a great bunch of folks around me. Obviously this would be a perfect way to gain stability in a number of areas. However if KO Creative shows a good amount of promise, the type of projects they undertake would definitely be higher on my list to go after. Again, I'm not going to have a sense on anything until I sit down for this interview. I certainly won't turn down Autonomy's offer unless there's a relatively substantial reason otherwise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home