Monday, January 3, 2005

Happy New Year!

Contemplating the 365 days that have just passed into history, 2004 was definitely my best year professionally to date. Overall there were many things to be thankful for.



I'm thankful I was able to make a major career leap with my work for MGM/UA and The Hollywood Bowl, being offered a staff position at a prominent post house, and making some very important connections with several influential people.



I'm thankful I am healthy, and that I have my own life, my own independence, my own purpose. I'm not sitting around moping about how great things use to be and the best days are over and long gone. My time is now and these are the best days! The door which now opens to 2005 continues to lead me forward into more amazing and thoroughly satisfying career achievments. I hope some day I'll be on the Warner Brothers lot, pass Steven Soderbergh once more, and he'll say 'loved the cutting you did on that film'.



Then after I say thanks I'll still think to myself, 'holy shit, that was Steven Soderbergh!!'...



I'm especially thankful to have a wonderful and very comfortable roof over my head (here's hoping the next place is as nice), and that at 84 my Mom is still healthy and works on a regular basis.

2 Comments:

At January 6, 2005 at 1:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"BEEE QUUIIIIIIEEEEEEEETTTTTTT"!!!!! Had to say it! Hi it's me, here once again at work, watching the night cleaners playing in the snow. I'm pretty much over my bad head cold and feeling better. I really like the new look of your site! A few moments ago I was in the tv room, watching "Force Ten From Navarone" on AMC. I look at Harrison Ford (Hi, Bill) in that movie and think;"God. Am I really this old?" Well, my subwoofer quest came and went. I went to Circuit City monday and bought a $300.00 Sony subwoofer w/250 watts. I tested it out w/ Star Wars, Raiders, Superman, Jurassic Park, and The Exorcist...The walls in the 53'rd precint were bleeding!! It was REALLY cool! But...after it was all said and done, I felt deep down that it was just a little too much, and that my present system is STILL the best. I returned it yesterday and got a full refund,w/out any problems. I guess my eyes were just bigger than my wallet, proof that the anticipation of having something is often more fun than actually having it. Well, that's it for now. Give me a call when you get this, and we'll make plans for lunch this week. Best wishes...Bill.

 
At January 7, 2005 at 10:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, it's Bill again! Another night here at work. Just wanted to let you know that I got your phone call friday. Sorry I didn't call back right away, but I was out doing the "Hi, Bill" thing. Thanks for the Vanity Fair info. Please let me know when it gets released. This will definitely be a three-copy issue: one to read, one to keep, and one to display the gatefold cover, if possible! I still have the 3 copies of the Phantom Menace issue...Gee, if I only knew then what lay in store cinematically. Oh well, live and learn. On saturday evening I'm going to a party at Craig & Sue's. You remember them, don't you? But sunday, I'm definitely up for "The Aviator". I just finished watching a Tom Hanks Biography on A&E. Goes w/out saying that the man RULES! Well, that's about it for now. Call me tomorrow and we'll make plans for sunday!-Bill.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home