Sunday, December 5, 2004

Booking Work For The New Year

Gina sent an e-mail Thursday stating that Laura, the producer I worked with on the Hollywood Bowl project, is bringing in something new which will start in late March or early April.



Right now it's loosely called a "Woody Allen Night" at The Hollywood Bowl which will feature jazz and classic music used in his films. I'll be cutting clip montages to accompany these pieces, some of which I'm told will be 12 to 16 minutes in length. This of course is vey similar to the MGM/UA presentation although the montages won't have to be so precisely synced to the music. Delivery date is June 1st.



The nice thing is, when this wraps, it will probably only be a week or so before the next "Big Picture" Bowl project (like the first I worked on) will begin. 2005's program is the films of Twentieth Century Fox, which I am very excited about! All tolled I'll probably be working with Laura from late March until early September.



Gina's e-mail asked if she could book me for that time. As this whole staff postion situation unfolds I've learned that in the industry, nothing is in the can until you are actually made an 'offer'. So until this officially happens she's still pitching work to me from a freelance point of view...even though by then we ALL know I'll be staffing there. This is like when it's reported that Bush will replace Colin Powell with Condoleezza Rice as secretary of state........Oh, but the official announcement will be made next week. O.K. we already know. "Have fun stormin' the castle!".



I did finally speak with Rick, the president of Autonomy, on Thursday. In lieu of the emergency on his end that caused our meeting to be posponed past my departure date, I was told by Gina we would probably have this meeting over the phone. Being an important step in my career, I did hope to do this in person. But the flip side of the coin says I need to find out when the position will start so I know when to return after the holidays. As I spoke with Rick he acknowledged my trip to the east coast, plus a holiday trip he would be making shortly to Tihiti. So he asked that I call the first week in January to set up a date for our meeting, preferring to do this sort of thing in person as opposed to over the phone.



Ah...so much for knowing exactly when to head back.



He added not to worry about the position going to anyone else because our meeting is getting pushed back 'til the new year. I'm their first choice, he echoed. This I'm not worried about at all...I know the position is mine.



A few days ago I finally said to myself I can't sweat the future right now. I'm here, it's the holidays, and that's all that matters at the moment. Look what happened to me physically last year because I worried everything into oblivion. This is the stop sign, hit the brakes! Everything will happen as God and The Powers That Be intend it to...I have faith it will all work itself out in the end.



I did e-mail Working Pictures here in Albany that I was back in town and to let me know if they had any work. The next day they called with a small project for me over this weekend. Apparently it'll only take around 5 hours to complete and I'm heading in today to work in it.



Well the Christmas tree is up, the decorations are hung, the candy is out, the "Rudolph, Frosty, Santa Claus, Little Drummer Boy" DVD boxed set is ready to watch. Not to mention Charlie Brown, The Grinch, and Ralphie's hunt for that Red Ryder BB gun. All I need now is snow. This is where Mother Nature says "O.K.!!!!!!!!".......WHOOOOOMM!!!!!! Aaahhh, not that much!!

2 Comments:

At December 8, 2004 at 1:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

SUPERMAN IV: THE QUEST FOR PEACE..."It's a bird, it's a plane, it's Superman's 4'th adventure! Sadly, it is also his least successful, due mostly to very cheap production values, bad writing, bad continuity, and VERY shoddy special effects. Producers Alexander and Ilya Salkind sold the film rights to a low budget production company, and that threw the respect and reverence that the original film had right down the toilet. Christopher Reeve is back for the fourth (and thankfully last time) as the mighty Man of Steel, bringing about world peace as he rids the Earth of all of its nuclear weapons. But Gene Hackman is back as Lex Luthor (guess he needed the money),standing in Superman's way when he creates a solar-powered "Nuclear Man, played by ex-Chippendales dancer Mark Pillow (Hi, Bill!) Most of the original cast returns: Margot Kidder as Lois Lane, Marc McClure as Jimmy Olson, Jackie Cooper as Perry White, and featuring new faces Mariel Hemingway as a bad acting floosie out to win Clark Kent, and Jon Cryer as Lex Luthor's nerdy nephew. can Superman defeat his nuclear adversary, and keep the Earth safe from the threat of possible nuclear destruction? Find out in SUPERMAN IV: THE QUEST FOR PEACE. Rated PG: (Comic-Book Violence). July 24, 1987. 1 1/2 hrs.

 
At December 8, 2004 at 2:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You must add "ELF" & "Olive: The other Reindeer" to your list.
Now... Shut-the-Merry-Christmas-Up!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home