Sunday, November 7, 2004

Almost Official and The "Incredible" Teaser

Word has come down from on high...the President of Autonomy called late Thursday to ask if I could meet with him regarding the staff editor position. When I returned his call on Friday it turned out he was a bit busy but wanted to meet sometime that afternoon. Unfortunately his schedule didn't let up for the remainder of the day, so it looks like I'll have to wait until he returns from an out of town trip next week. I know this is essentially to make it official, I'm just anxious for the details.



Gina (Autonomy) sent an e-mail Friday to book me on a week long project starting this Tuesday and running through the following Monday. Wording in her message made it clear that this was a freelance gig. This leads me to believe the start date on the staff position may not be immediate...which of course is what I'm very much leaning toward. Maybe they're factoring in the December down time as well. When I go in on Tuesday I'll bend Gina's ear to find out what the game plan is. Keeping my fingers crossed to retain as much of December and Christmas as possible. Of course work this week changes my recent plans to head back East sooner. I'll make a decision after this project is complete and am still assuming the end of November will be exit time for me. Hey I've got a date with eggnog, M&M brownies, and snow!...I intend to fulfill that destiny. ;)...provided it absolutely will NOT jeopardize the forthcoming staff position.



Nothing materialized on the Pauly Shore front so I'm considering that a moot point. Still no second follow up call from Make It Happen but I'm not sweating that at the moment.



And yes, I went to see "The Incredibles" Friday night with the first teaser trailer for "Return Of The Sith" attached. 'Wow' is a good initial word to use but I need to view it a few times to take everything in. So much went by so fast I was only able to retain a few scant images. Most notably a shot of Luke from the first movie walking out to see the twin suns set and Obi Wan (Sir Alec Guinness) recanting the tale of the Jedi's demise and rise of the Empire. Very, very nice! Padme with Leia buns...very interesting. Vader rising with James Earl Jones' voice...very cool! I'll leave the rest for your own personal viewing pleasure. The teaser makes it's online debut Monday for FREE...none of this Hyperspace(tm) pre-pay crap on the official site!



"The Incredibles" was great. In a way it didn't quite go in the direction I expected, but was still a lot of fun. Not as many pop culture references as I would have expected. There was a very obscure nod to Kevin Smith's "Mallrats" which I got right away but may have flown by many mainstream folk in the audience. Great cast (especially Edna, the superhero suit designer), amazing action sequences, and a hilariously satisfying scene involving the baby of the family. I definitely enjoyed it but was not gleefully saying "that was fantastic!" as I left the theater. Think a second go around will find me appreciating the film more for what it is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home