Thursday, October 14, 2004

Thinking about a long shot...

Twelve years ago I attended the Somewhere In Time Weekend at The Grand Hotel on Mackinac Island in Michigan. An amazing place where to this day you cannot drive a car, you must walk or take a horse and buggy. This is a place where you feel like you're walking into a movie...because everything is pretty much exactly as it was when they filmed "Somewhere In Time" there

25 years ago. I am planning to attend next year since it will be the 25th anniversary of the film's release. Now that Chris Reeve has passed my mind is going "Hmmm...this is October 14...this year's event is in two weeks...kind of like those 11th hour plans of going to a condo in Florida. ;)



I probably shouldn't, and by morning will rationalize it's too close to make any real plans. Of course I wouldn't be paying the $815 which includes a room in The Grand Hotel plus all meals. When I went in '92, Bonnie (who passed away eight years ago) and I stayed at a lodge just down the hill for only $50 a night. Even if those prices have doubled it would still be a lot cheaper. So I'd need to figure my airline route along with the rental car since they don't fly commercial jets close to the island. See...it's already getting too complex on short notice. Still...



No matter what happens, I'm going next year! Then I would want to pay the money to finally stay at The Grand...just once.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home