Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Slight hitch down a side road...

Word's come back from Gina that, due to their budget, they can't bring me in for the Lifetime gig. Not sure of all the details that's causing this but I'm told it's not me, just the money on the client's end. So it looks like I may not be working this week after all. She also said they'd be in touch to set up that meeting regarding the staff position.



Instead of reacting negatively about this bump in the road I'm taking it as a sign that I'm meant to be somewhere else shortly. The way is being cleared for something...question is what. I'm feeling strangely positive about this unknown element which has changed the course of a previously cut and dried couple of weeks.



Today it poured...the fifth day within a week and a half where we've had an insane amount of rain. Of course I'm loving it since this hardly ever happens here. Meanwhile everyone else is like 'Oh My God!! Look at all the water!! What are we going to do?!'. And tomorrow there's suppose to be severe thunderstorms...'CLOSE THE BORDERS, FILL THE SANDBAGS, THE FLOOD'S COMING!'.



So I had lunch, went to Best Buy to pick up "The China Syndrome: The Special Edition" that just came out on DVD today, plus the new album from the recently reunited original line-up (!) of Duran Duran. The 80's live on, and the boys never sounded better! Trying to find out when and if they're going to tour the US.



I also grabbed the soundtrack to "Team America"...did I say this is the funniest movie of the year? O.K. just checking... ;) There's nothing like relaxing on a rainy night, sipping a cold drink, and listening to the track "America, F**k Yeah!"; clean, without the sound effects from the movie mixed in so you can hear every lyric...soon that nice cold drink is flying out the nose and spraying all over the wall.



Christmas present to self when I head back east for the Holidays: "Star Wars Battlefront" for PS2.



Hours spent kicking the Empire's ass using original trilogy space and landscapes: priceless



Watching the first trailer for "Revenge Of The Sith" with a huge fan audience right before "The Incredibles" in a week and a half: also priceless

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home