Sunday, October 31, 2004

The Countdowns Begin

Aahhh, November 1st...Time to start looking at the clock.



This week's countdown moves toward the opening of "The Incredibles" with the first teaser for "Revenge Of The Sith". Now that there's a GOOD title I won't say that 'episode' number thing. The first teaser 1-sheet (just released) looks kind of lame. Very artsy, and yet it comes off looking almost fan generated. Still, I'll be very interested to see the ties that connect us to The Holy Trilogy (tm).



Two days ago while stopped at an intersection in Burbank I began hearing people shout from nearby cars. Turns out there were a number of Bush supporters with signs and a bullhorn standing on the corner saying 'vote for George Bush!'. Folks in cars were screaming obscenities and giving the finger. It was almost like the Nazi protest scene in "The Blues Brothers". Feeling it my patriotic duty, I leaned out the window as the light turned green and added my own unprintable retort. God bless free speech!



Autonomy hasn't called yet about the staff position meeting. I'm anxious to see what they will offer but am hoping to steer the actual start date into the first of the year. Still on the hunt for work. Pauly Shore is supposedly back from Las Vegas, so we'll see if the phone rings from his office. Hopes of Hammer are fading a bit because it's now over three weeks since they posted that ad looking for freelance editors. I still think it'll happen...perhaps just not this year. Still no second follow up call from Make It Happen Productions. I'm still not sorry I left the gig at Studio City though.



Now...this month's countdown will find me either working by November 30 or on a plane trip headed back East. Like the happy squirrel, I have all the nuts I need for the winter and am happily hoarding them! I'm just really looking forward to sitting back and having Christmas wash over me...the tree, brightly lit decorations, snow, eggnog, brownies, M&M's, a DVD remote in one hand, a PS2 joystick in another...and no where to go!!



Oh yes and on a final note, new interviews with Bryan Singer have him stating he wants some of John Williams music in the new "Superman". Could we possibly have anyone better at the helm of this movie?! Way...too...cool!

2 Comments:

At November 1, 2004 at 7:26 PM, Anonymous Bismo said...

In best Paul voice: The "happy... squirrel"?

;-)

 
At November 3, 2004 at 2:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ummm... which "joy stick" was that?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home