Wednesday, September 22, 2004

It's official...

My dub of the BET image promo is now ready for me to collect, along with the "Cellular" promo I only had time to run off on a digibeta tape.



Friday I'll stop by Autonomy to pick up my check and tape dub, then Saturday I'll be flying back east for close to one week. Time to finally upgrade the resume and reel which I can then distribute to new and previously contacted post houses, happily current. After a few other work tools are brought up to date, it's back to LA to spend what I hope will be the remainder of the fall. Again, work sounds like it may very well be plentiful. But as always I'll believe that when I'm officially booked into a project. Nothing has resurfaced regarding work next week so I'll be playing this trip by ear. Previously I'd been penciled in for this week and next. But that's how things can change on a dime in the industry. I'm feeling pretty confident that work will pick up sooner rather than later.



Two things will also happen come hell or high water this coming week in Albany:



1 - I'll sit and watch the entire current season of "Six Feet Under" on DVR, since they only have Showtime at Extended Stay.



2 - I'll gleefully turn off all the lights, crank up the sound, and watch all three "Star Wars" DVD's on the big screen. Several reviews have gotten me excited to see and hear the new transfers. Not to mention the abundant supplimental material I'm sure will make my head explode with delight! To be fair I have seen comparisons online of the old Jabba-meets-Han scene from "A New Hope" and the new CG makes the '97 version look like a cartoon in comparison. I still have not read anything about the rumored inclusion of a line mentioning Padme or a scene with Jimmy Smits on Alderaan before it blows. Hopefully this is false information. Another rumor has also surfaced that perhaps...perhaps...Lucas is waiting until the absolute last release of all six movies in one giant box set to put out the original trilogy. The excuse being 'hey look how far the films have come since there simple, unfinished beginnings', presenting them only as a comparision tool. Blah, blah, blah...



Tomorrow night I'll be heading to the Arclight Theatre in Hollywood to see Lucas' digitally remastered and projected "THX-1138", showing on movie screens only in New York and LA. I don't have such a major stake in this film and will gladly enjoy the alterations and enhancements. I know it just came out on DVD but I want to see it in the theatre here before I and it leaves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home