Sunday, August 8, 2004

So my first time at The Hollywood Bowl Saturday night was great!

I met Laura at the bus that takes you the 2 miles from parking to the venue. Met two of her friends who brought a picnic-dinner. Laura's box seats at The Bowl was really nice and they have fold-down tables within to eat on. It was funny to see people around us bringing candles and satin tableclothes to eat their various high class meals with. We had a dinner consisting of some 'meat' item (don't ask me what but it tasted good), generous green and potato salads, and some very foofoo chocolates for dessert, all topped off with red wine (which I provided). Of course you know me I would have brought turkey sandwiches, a six of Coke, Pringles, and M&M's...but this was The Bowl damn it!!! Maybe next time I'll bring a pounder of M&M's in a silver or gold dish with a side of Coca-Cola or milk in a champagne glass :). Oh my God now that I think of it, I am SO going to do that for our MGM night!



Right before the performance began Laura nudged me to look left. Walking up the aisle not ten feet away were Richard Benjamin and Paula Prentiss; my star sighting for the month. The concert was terrific, opening with the LA Philharmonic playing (among others) Benny Goodman and Glenn Miller. A local nationally renowned jitterbug troupe appeared on stage occasionally to dance. By the time Big Bad Voodoo Daddy came out people were dancing in the aisles. I think one of the amazing atmospherical things for me was to hear that music, sitting under the stars, and slightly over your shoulder seeing the four nightly spotlights from Hollywood and Vine crisscrossing high overhead. It was truly a Hollywood moment. Right before the concert began Laura nudged me to look left. Walking up the aisle not ten feet away were Richard Benjamin and Paula Prentiss; my star sighting for the month.



Seeing now the size of and where the screen for our MGM/UA performance would be, I know I'm going to be blown away by this whole experience, and I'll definitely be snapping a few during the actual event to post. As I sat there taking everything in, I thought about how over 8 years ago I was sitting in the audience at some little geek convention watching this parody movie I made. Now I'm going to watch something I worked on for MGM at The God-Blessed Hollywood Bowl!! Somebody take my f**king picture!!!! ;)

1 Comments:

At August 9, 2004 at 8:29 AM, Anonymous The Hey said...

I TOLD you you'd have fun! ;-)

Glad you had a good time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home