Sunday, August 29, 2004

Laura Branigan's sudden death

...her first album.



I was just about to turn off the TV and fall asleep when my eye caught a familiar name scrolling across the news ticker on CNN. Laura Branigan died of a brain aneurysm in her sleep on Thursday. She was only 47. I literally sat up in bed and said 'holy shit!'.



Absolutely a music staple of the 80's...her songs of course included "Gloria", "How Am I Supposed To Live Without You", "The Lucky One", "Self Control", and "Forever Young". Music is indeed the soundtrack of your life, and she'll always be a voice that reminds me of living in Boston.



Seems like this has been the month of musical deaths...Jerry Goldsmith, Elmer Bernstein, Rick James.

2 Comments:

At September 19, 2011 at 3:01 PM, Anonymous Sondre said...

R.I.P Laura Branigan we all will miss you :(

 
At December 6, 2013 at 5:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you Laura Branigan.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home