Friday, August 6, 2004

Invitation to The Bowl...

Yesterday, Laura (the producer) turned to me and asked if I liked swing and big band music. I said yes, and she proceeded to invite me along with a few of her friends to a Big Bad Voodoo Daddy concert at The Hollywood Bowl this coming Saturday night. This will be great because A. I'll have the opportunity to see an event before our MGM/UA performance and B. Bonding with Laura a little outside of the workplace will be good for my future, career wise. Plus she's sharing box seats with me! Again, it's all about networking. Since Laura used to work for Warner Bros. in a somewhat lofty capacity, further upper level opportunities could be forthcoming. I think I can say quite confidently it's a lock I'll be working on this project next year...and next year they'll be doing Twentieth Century Fox films. She also asked again if I would attend both rehearsals at The Bowl for our current project. I'm just as excited about that as I am about the actual concert.



Got an e-mail from Elisabeth in New York. Wanted to know how I was doing and to pass along a job listing for Final Cut Pro promo editors at a high profile post house in Van Nuys. Already packaged my reel and resume for mail delivery tomorrow. Unfortunately there won't be enough time to drop it off personally, but they should be receiving it no later than Monday.



Things are still going great...and the bucks keep rolling in!

1 Comments:

At August 6, 2004 at 3:13 AM, Anonymous The Hey said...

Wow!!!! You will have a GREAT time!!!! I LOVE BBVD!!

I wish we had a place like The Bowl around here (well, we do, but Tanglewood is too darn far).

Check out the calendar for the month...there are a couple of other wicked cool events going on this month.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home