Sunday, August 1, 2004

Decided to snap a few this week...





Here I am in the edit suite working hard on the MGM / UA project. At the moment we're moving full tilt into the James Bond montage. It's five weeks to go until the performance at The Hollywood Bowl and we seem to be right on schedule, if not a little ahead of the game. Of course all the montages will continue to be tweeked until September.







...And here is the main entrance to Autonomy. The place is bigger than it looks in the pic...major renaissance motif going on here, without and within. This is just street side. A number of rooms have stained glass windows, obviously not mine though. This BTW is 3 blocks from The Kodak and Mann's Chinese Theatre.



Picked up this period's paycheck on Friday...everything was right and perfect. Of course now I have a federal I.D. number (applied a week and a half ago) which simplifies the whole process quite a bit. I spoke with Andy, the senior editor, and Gina outside as I was leaving Friday. They both asked how I was doing, how the project was coming, etc. They repeated Laura's praise of my work. Soon as we get down to the last two weeks I'll be inquiring as to further work past this project. I'm feeling good about that happening, but it still depends upon the need from their end. Laura, the producer, had mentioned a week before half jokingly that the only thing they were lacking at Autonomy was ice cream. So of course the wheels began to turn in my head. The next day I asked what her favorite flavors were. Then on Friday I brought some in as a week-ending treat. She was very surprised and very happy. Chalk some more points on the big old blackboard.



In the middle of all this, I received a call from Tim at ipostini Thursday afternoon. He asked my availability for a few days, which I had to turn down of course. I did say when this project was done my schedule would definitely be open.



Now on to the big movie news of the week...



The "Batman Begins" trailer has hit the internet and IT ROCKS! Subtle, brooding, darkly serious, and nicely unrevealing...just the way some of us invisioned the story should have been told over fifteen years ago. Keaton was great, but this looks like THE real deal.



Plus...Were you annoyed (as I was) that the trailers for the new "Thunderbirds" movie seemed more "Spy Kids" than hardcore original? Were you disappointed to see the critics also agreeing about this debacle and that the classic deserved far better treatment and respect?...



As an alternative WATCH...THIS!!!



All I needed to here was 'the creators of South Park do Supermarionation' and I was hooked, and that was before I saw the trailer! This is going to be a no-holds-barred, in your face puppet laugh fest slamming all the idiocies of our current world situation. Where can you buy tickets?! I'm ready to see this now! Watch closely for the Michael Moore puppet with a hot dog in his hand below Mount Rushmore. It's only like two or three frames.



The reviews for "The Village" seem to be prety lame...no problem, I was very soured by "Signs" and felt a little uneasy about this one to begin with. Might check it out on video just to be curious. Saw "The Manchurian Candidate" last night which was excellent. They did a nice twist on the original's ending. Great thriller and certainly a very worthy remake. Wanted to get to "Garden State" this weekend but there wasn't time. Definitely this week sometime...considering it's showing at The Arclight just 5 blocks from Autonomy.



Almost forgot...on a final note, I've gone done one pant size! The belt had been inching closer towards the next notch, now it locks in no problem. Just picked up some new slacks this weekend and am able to wear a size lower. Yes, the diet is working!



And so Week 8 begins...

3 Comments:

At August 1, 2004 at 10:02 PM, Anonymous The Hey said...

How did I not hear about this movie(Team America)? I really look forward to it, although I do not expect it to do very well, especially if it gets an "R", which is pretty much assured.

 
At August 1, 2004 at 10:08 PM, Anonymous The Hey said...

Also, I guess seeing the clip behind you that "Silence of the Lambs" is part of the project.

Cool, although I never considered that film part of the history of MGM, although technically it is as they now own it.

Also, I liked and recommend "The Village", although I do not guarantee you will like it. You will either buy it or you won't. I didn't like "Signs" either, but thought I'd give this one a chance.

And, yes, the "The Manchurian Candidate" is a very good movie, although it IS a popcorn version of the orignial. If you have not seen it the 1963 version, seek it out.

 
At August 2, 2004 at 7:40 PM, Anonymous Bismo said...

Hadn't heard of that either, should be great!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home