Saturday, July 10, 2004

Well here I am at the end of my 4th week working for Autonomy...



Just received an e-mail from Gina, the post production supervisor. She said Laura (the producer I'm working with) is very happy with me and my work. This was echoed by the senior editor I chatted with on Friday before taking off for the weekend. Great feedback which I love to hear! I think it's safe to say Laura will be asking for me again next year...or on other projects she may be helming.



Introduced myself to Rick Scott, the president of Autonomy. He knew right away who I was and asked for me to stop up to his office when I get a chance. This will be an opportunity to get acquanted and let him know I'd be interested in a staff position should one become available. He'll probably ask that anyway. The good news: here is one of their prime clients that I'm working wonders with. That speaks volumes and we'll see what happens from here on. Right now the work schedule has me continuing straight through this next month. Then there may be a week off before leap frogging a few days each week until mid-September.



Say "Anchorman" last night...really, really funny!! Will Ferrell of course has NO shame, and this movie is no exception. Won't give anything away except that there are some very funny cameos. Stay for the bloopers during the credits (think Hal Needham). Of course nothing this year can top Ben Stiller flipping his fat boobies to "Milk Shake" after the credits in "Dodgeball".



Weird thing about "Anchorman" though. The trailer has some very different moments than the actual film...and I'm talking major scene changes. In the trailer he takes a bullet for Christina Applegate in the newsroom. That SO does not come anywhere close to happening in the final film. Plus some major trailer gags which also never saw the light of day. Almost as if they did some major re-cutting after the initial advertising campaign. Even though the story flow as smoothly as what was portrayed in the trailer, it's still a gut buster on the laugh scale.



Going to see "Spider-Man 2" again tonight at The Cinerama Dome in Hollywood (must redeem myself from that lousy 4th Of July weekend audience!), then possibly "King Arthur" tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home