Thursday, July 1, 2004

Anticipation, excitement, and a few brief moments of true realization panic...



That's how I felt one year ago today as I landed in LA to begin work. This was not a short trip to plant the flag and drive around gathering rocks in my LA moon buggy...I'd already done that. No, this was unpacking the tools needed to begin construction on the 'Career One' space station. Although work did not come until later in the month, I was ready to dive in and get started. In time I realized The Powers That Be were trying to teach me patience...something I failed at repeatedly in high school.



So much has happened in just one year, and here I am about to receive my first paycheck from Autonomy (tomorrow). This is the end of my third week and things continue to go smoothly. Laura, the producer, seems really happy with what I continue to come up with editing wise. I think I'm creating a nice 'in' with her for future projects.



Just picked up an iTrip for my iPod. It's an FM transmitter so you don't have to have a car cassette deck adapter to operate it. Most autos these days come with a CD player and radio only, so of course that's what's available at the rental place. Problem solved now!

1 Comments:

At July 3, 2004 at 4:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY FOURTH!!!

You sound relieved and excited at the same time.
Maybe you should just stay there?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home