Wednesday, June 9, 2004

Just had an interview today with a company called Media One Communications. Don't think I mentioned this, but when I spoke with Aaron regarding the situation at Working Pictures he asked about passing my info on to someone who was looking for a Final Cut Pro editor locally. That guy gave me a call yesterday to set up an interview.



Very small operation about 10 minutes north of here. They do corporate/commercial post work and are starting to do some television programming for The Food Network, among others. Things went well and his pay scale is comparable to what I make at Working Pictures. He also said he needed someone to start right away, tomorrow in fact. This is a freelance position but I'm told there would be work for me at least 2 or 3 days a week.



This is great from a financial aspect...just not very challenging. So I can't really say I'm hootin' and hollerin'. But hey, it's money!



Sent off three e-mails yesterday; one to Gina at Autonomy (my usual check-in), one to Tim at ipostini, and one to this woman named Cara who I was referred to by Mojo. For those of you who don't know, his real name is Adam and he started at Foundation Imaging in LA as a CG animator for "Babylon 5" in the early 90's. O.K. let's take these in order:



Gina/Autonomy: Waiting for the return e-mail which she's always very prompt with.



Tim/ipostini: Received an e-mail first thing this morning. He's definitely going to call me when the next thing comes in...still waiting word on more trailer work from Showtime. He also mentioned passing my info on to another post house who is currently doing some spots for Speedo and in need of help.



Cara: She's a producer who had been working for a trailer house in LA and has now started her own company, in need of editors and graphics people. Now here's a great way to get in on the ground floor I thought. I contacted her a few months ago to introduce myself. After a month she returned my message saying she was in Canada for a family emergency but wanted to see my reel. I asked for her address but never got a response.

Now here's the kicker. After my message yesterday I received an e-mail back from her first thing today. She definitely wants to see my reel, but wished I had contacted her 2 days ago because she was in need of an editor. D-OH!! Course I had no way of knowing, but she had to bring in another freelancer. She's seen my resume already and stated she wants to work with me soon. So I'm overnighting my reel today and we'll see what happens. Keeping those fingers crossed and having faith that soon I'll be on my way, because I'm ready to get back out there.

1 Comments:

At June 10, 2004 at 3:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hear the left coast calling, not whispering, shouting!
"Come Stay With US!!!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home