Tuesday, June 15, 2004

I'm here...and slept almost twelve hours last night. Catch up from pre-flight.



Met with Gina and their senior editor at Autonomy this morning. They're definitely a fun bunch. Aside from our discussion about the forthcoming project, I think they appreciated the fact that I knew the movie lines they threw out. This looks like it's gonna be a good fit and the atmosphere seems really laid back.



I was also introduced to their main in-house producer (he could have been a voice double for Nicholas Cage) who briefed me on the client from Warner Bros. that would be producing; she's a little hard edged at times but very nice. Apparently she prefers working with certain editors, but they've presented her with new ones whom she's taken to. They feel very confident that I'll have the same affect.



The project is a series of movie compilations involving films from the last fifty years. I'm to cut these to music that will be removed for the main presentation at the Hollywood Bowl. The orchestra will perform live while they play on a giant screen. I'm told this is something they do yearly. I'll be loading clips from DVD's but when it's time to do the online we'll be matching to vault film elements which they will cut based on my edit list. Basically the same way features are assembled, just using positive prints instead of negatives.



Essentially I'm amazed by the fact that I'm being brought in for such a huge project. Normally post houses have you come for a gig that lasts a couple of days, do the try-out thing, then continue from there if they like you and your work. As I mentioned before this project will last through September 10; first month steady, then on and off until the end.



I start tomorrow at 9:30am...which of course means I'll be leaving Extended Stay at 8:30. And if I had to travel there at 3am it would probably take just 20 minutes. Love that freeway traffic!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home