Wednesday, June 16, 2004

I'm here at Autonomy waiting to be introduced to the producer from Warner Bros. I'll be working with.



It's a little bit of a political thing. They wanted me to come in today so when I meet her I seem more like part of the team as opposed to someone brought in special for this project. So I guess you could say it's a comfort level thing. In the meantime I've been given the run through of how the edit bays work, patching to decks, backing up projects at the end of each day, etc.



So now that I am officially working here, the link on the right for Autonomy has been moved from 'in the wings' to 'post houses I work with'....and there was much rejoicing (yeeeaaaahhh!).



Looks like this won't be a full day, but from tomorrow on will. One minor down side is due to where they are in the payday schedule, I won't get my first check until two weeks from today :( But I should be able to hold on until then. I still have a check coming from the one day I worked at Working Pictures before I left plus a second check from Media One in Albany. They were nice enough to give me half of my pay on Friday (offered without my prompting) which was a huge bonus.



Oh and I forgot to mention this...major kicker! Gary at Media One asked during my interview last Wednesday if I just wanted freelance work or would be interested in a staff position. Course he knows about my trips to LA so I was kind of vague about being permanent. After two days of work, and seeing the caliber I was putting out, he offered me just that. D'OH! I told him we would discuss it when I returned just to make sure the 'work' door remained open. He did say that when I came back to Albany he'd have regular freelance work for me every week just the same. This of course is very good during the current pre-transitional period (whoa...nice use of the term 'pre-transitional'). Jeez, seven weeks of drought and then The Great Flood comes sweeping in...amazing.



Also...I just found out that next Tuesday, Arclight Cinemas in Hollywood will be presenting the original "Robocop" plus Q&A with Peter Weller immediately following. I am SO there! Arclight have these regularly...recent presentations included "Terminator 2" with James Cameron (still kicking myself I wasn't out here for that!), and "Jaws" with Carl Gottlieb (screenwriter) and Bill Butler (Cinematographer) just to name a few. So I'll be watching their upcoming film roster closely.



And yes "Spider-Man 2" at the Arclight Cinerama Dome on opening night would be very cool!

1 Comments:

At June 16, 2004 at 6:26 PM, Anonymous Bismo said...

Peter Weller, eh? Very cool... he kinda dropped out of mainstream existence after his reported "prima dona" years, eh? Have fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home