Thursday, June 10, 2004

I was sitting at a table eating Chinese food and thinking to myself, "this magnificent feast represents the last of the petty cash"...when suddenly the alarm sounded.



"THE CALL!!!!!!"



Yes it's time to return to LA! Just received an e-mail response back from Gina at Autonomy (link over on the right under 'in the wings'). They have a project she thinks will be perfect for me. It starts next Tuesday and will initially last for 3 to 4 weeks steady, 5 days a week(!). However the end date for this entire series of promos is scheduled to go until September 10th! Which means after the first month I'll probably be in there at least 3 days a week through that date, says Gina. She also mentioned that other projects may fill out my time while not working on those.



Now of course I want to make sure I take this as it comes. Things change at the drop of a hat in the industry. Looks like I'm definitely set for the first month and then we'll see what happens from there. See...smart.



As mentioned I've been trying to get in the door there since September of last year.



So now it's time to prepare for the trip and as usual, when these things come up at the drop of a hat, my head's spinning with what I have to do. Packing, burning a semi-gross of my reels, printing resumes...all while I'm working here in Albany tomorrow and Saturday. I'll be leaving Monday morning.

2 Comments:

At June 10, 2004 at 2:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"The Call" Like the freakin' Bat-Signal...

Holy Avid Action Bruce!
That's right old chum, to the Edit Cave!

 
At June 10, 2004 at 10:49 PM, Anonymous The Hey said...

Good for you!!! I hope things work out and that you may be able to finally be able to stay out there like you want to.

Of course I WOULD miss you terribly.

No, really, you shouldn't laugh.... ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home