Friday, May 28, 2004

O.K. now I'm in trouble.



Was in the mall today and ran into an editor named Aaron who is also freelancing for Working Pictures here in Albany. Backstory: he and I know each other from The New School. During our brief conversation he informed me they had hired him on full time at WP.



This is bad...and this is why there's been no work for the last month or so.



Of course as far as Working Pictures is concerned I'm gearing up to move to LA at some point soon so why would they offer that to me. Although they do know when I'm in town and early in the year there was work. Problem: this is my bread and butter while I'm here. Projects that have a need for freelance help sometimes can be sporadic but reasonably steady, and I've been their go-to guy for 4 years when they needed it. Now with two staff editors at work (the other being Tim whose been there since they opened) that need evaporates into nothing. This place is not a huge operation.



So in keeping with the 'everything happens for a reason' clause...something's gotta change and fast. No I mean FAST!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home