Thursday, May 6, 2004

Just saw an ad from some company called i.d.entity in Studio City...never heard of them though. Looking for Avid and Final Cut Pro editors for various projects including trailers and promos. Sent my resume along via e-mail.



Compiling an updated list of all trailer houses in LA. I was looking at the nominees for this year's Golden Trailer Awards, the Oscars for trailer editing and producing. There are a few companies I haven't seen before, including one I know is fairly new. These will top my mailing list for resumes and reels. The cool thing about the Golden Trailers is that they give awards to editors(!). Yes and of course the trailer houses that produced them...but editors take top nomination billing after that. Very cool.



After picking up and registering Mac OSX Panther online, Apple offered me a free one year subscription to Macworld magazine. Funny thing is I was just about to subscribe myself. Just received my first issue and saw an ad for the Macworld Conference & Expo in Boston June 12-15. It costs a mint to attend everything on their schedule, but I'm really only interested in the Exhibit Hall. For that they're charging a $15 registration fee which includes 3-day Hall entrance and feature presentations among others. So I'm definitely signing up for this. Hey, Mac software and hardware demonstrations along with some free Apple goodies is what I'm in this for!



This summer Apple is coming out with another software package I am really looking foward to buying. It's called Motion and is very much Apple's direct assault on Adobe After Effects. Cost: $299. What I've seen and heard is pretty amazing and I think this is going to take off and fly over everyone's heads the way Final Cut Pro made Avid quake in it's boots. Must buy, must learn, must immerse...because there's going to be a huge demand for this and people who are fluent in it.



Plus iTunes just upgraded to 4.5 which now includes movie trailers and music videos along with the Music Store. Wow! Talk about one-stop! I'm lovin' this! God bless The Mac!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home