Friday, April 30, 2004

Time to vent a little...!



What is with a lot of recent movie releases? Everything that's come out in the last number of months has sucked! And there have been some films I was really looking forward to just by the trailer.



-"Starsky & Hutch"...Stiller & Wilson...bad trailer, bad movie.



-"Connie & Carla"...great trailer, looks very funny, I'm there!...critics hate it, major dud.



-Now "Envy"...Black & Stiller, this has to be good!...D's all the way down everyone's list.



I even read a couple of early screener reviews that "Van Helsing" is a major bomb (O.K. so I've been skeptical of that after seeing the first trailer).



And M. Night Shamalamadingdong's new film "The Village" looks as good as "Signs"...BAD!



Please God let "Spider-Man 2" rock!! But I have to say that some of the CG in the newest trailer could be better (especially when he swings around a pole on a crowded bus). Hopefully they are still polishing things...hopefully.



I'm just so damned tired of being disappointed! Was all set to go see "Envy" tonight...BUT NOOOOOO!!!!! Where are all the good movies? Will any come out this year? How about next year? We know "Episode III" will leave us cold but I'm only in it for the "Episode IV"...oh screw it, "STAR WARS" (the first film!) connection. Seeing Anakin put into the Vader costume, Luke & Leia's flight into hiding, etc.



I have to say once more, and based on what some of you know I have at home, rentals are fast becoming the way for me. Why pay $9-10 for crap when you can pay $4 and change to view it practically the same way at home! Retoric!!



But still the disappointment at recent cinema...



I do want to see "Master & Commander", "The Cooler", "Ghosts Of The Abyss", and "The Last Samurai"; all films I just could not bring myself to go see in the theater (forgive me James Cameron) but welcome into my home.



BTW, gonna see "Kill Bill Vol. 2" tomorrow night and that's suppose to be really good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home