Tuesday, April 13, 2004

Just a little side note of interest...(I'm allowed) ;-)



I'd heard about this film which premiered at Sundance starring Natalie Portman and Zach Braff called "Garden State" . The story is about a clinically depressed young man who returns to his home in New Jersey after 10 years to attend his mother's funeral. Along the way he becomes involved with a girl (Portman) who has depression issues of her own.



For some reason I just cannot get enough of this trailer. I think it's one of the best I've seen in recent memory. No dialogue, no VO, just very intriguing, funny, emotional and strange imagery to a song by British duo Frou Frou. Now I'm starting to read that a lot more people online are watching this trailer again and again. I think it's brilliant...and very simple in it's execution. And of course Natalie Portman is just flat out cute.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home